Title: Girl, Serpent, Thorn
Author: Melissa Bashardoust
Release Date: July 7, 2020
Genre: YA, Fantasy, Retelling, LGBT
Thank you to Goodreads and Flatiron Books for an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review!
Hello fellow bookworms! Today I have something different for you. I think I’ve done this once before, but it was back in the wee beginnings of my blogging days aka like a year ago. While reading Girl, Serpent, Thorn by Melissa Bashardoust my inner monologue came alive and with some major sass. I decided it might be fun to share these thoughts in a hopefully non-spoilery kind of way. My hope is you’ll read these and be utterly confused but entertained and then when/if you read this book you’ll have a bit of my inner monologue with you and finally making some sense. Enjoy!
- This story seems fishy
- A girl of shadows and tunnels I dig it
- Her whole life has been self isolation and social distancing
- Can’t cockroaches survive like Armageddon?
- Very confused but this guy is gonna be important
- Wait who is the love interest here
- I wouldn’t blame her if she did touch him
- Such a sweet little cinnamon roll with dreams of saving the princess
- Boy can throw a punch
- Girl if you touch my cinnamon roll Azad I’m putting this book down
- Can this monster be the love interest? She seems great
- Strongly dislike her mom
- Her brother seems sweet but he’s also just using her
- Pot calling the kettle black
- How to write a slow burn: MC can’t touch anyone and everyone is a potential love interest
- 1/4 of the way through and I just realized I have no idea what Soraya wears in her daily life
- Danger noodle
- Easy peasy
- Okay well that’s a wrench in the plans
- It just gets worse
- “I can touch you” (in Voldemort voice)
- Uhm let’s refrain from judgement there Azad
- Jk still love you
- Again, fishy
- If you’re a monster I’m a monster
- Very insta lovey; I’m not buying it
- Oh em gee. I totally called this
- She’s very obsessed with his neck like in a vampire kind of way
- I still have hope for this love
- The truth always outs
- Where is the feather
- Let me just go cry
- Her brother is making points but #teamsoraya
- Kiss the monsters
- I just want them to have a moment
- Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
- The student becomes the master
- He must have a really awesome neck
- Plot freaking twist
- Ughhhh I still love Parv
- Demons are people too
- Triangle complete
- Nature versus nurture
- Boy wants what now?
- Wait how old is said boy?
- *palm to face* GIRL
- Parv is just telling it how it is and I’m here for it
- There’s some poem by Robert Frost about two roads and that just seems so relevant
- Everything is grey
- Twists. And. Turns.
- I mean she kind of has everything to do with it
- Bad. Ass.
- Queen of Monsters
- Let me just go back to my corner and cry some more
Hope you’ve enjoyed my innermost thoughts and I strongly urge you to pick this one up or add is to your TBR!
Leave a Reply